Sunday, September 21, 2008

Women in Politics

Every day we are surrounded by various political issues with the 2008 election approaching us in November. Throughout this semester and various blog posts, I hope to address the topic of women in politics: the affect it has on society, decision making, the lives of these women, etc. The more articles I read and news stories I watch, I have become more aware of the various women who are trying to take charge and perhaps make a difference in this world. My opinion has a huge influence on why I chose this topic and will reflect every blog I make. So, I apologize in advance if I offend anyone. I will try to introduce both sides of the story and keep an open mind. With women becoming more powerful and gaining more equal rights, it is time for the public to become aware of these changes and triumphant women.

The information that I present through various blogs will be researched using websites, newspapers, videos, newscasts, etc. It is important for people to know, especially us students, what is happening in our society and what we can expect come election time. It should be known what certain candidates stand for, such as Sarah Palin, but the focus will not just be on her. However, she was my true inspiration for the topic I chose because I am against the majority of what she stands for and represents. In addition, I will be addressing other women such as Chris Gregoire and perhaps a little Hilary Clinton. Particularly what I am interested in is how the decisions these women make will affect us.

My topic may change or become more broad or narrow as further blogs are constructed. It was hard to choose a topic that I’d want to talk about the whole semester. Hopefully the information that I can provide people with will help them create a better sense of understanding of women in politics.

No comments: