Sunday, October 26, 2008

What happened to Gregoire??

Something that I have noticed is how little Chris Gregoire has been in the media. Besides various television commercials portraying a negative light on Gregoire or her opponent Dino Rossi, not much other coverage has been made. I am surprised more newspaper articles or advertisements haven’t been promoted. Most of my attention has been focused around Sarah Palin, partially because her face is plastered everywhere. Having been on the west side this past weekend, it was interesting to see more Gregoire signs and ads. It has become apparent that the eastern side of the state is predominantly in support of Dino Rossi.

I understand that the future president and vice president are more important and trumps over most other local elections, but the media could still be covering some portion of those elections. I am tired of only watching television commercials that bash the opponent. Especially in The Daily Evergreen, there should be more news coverage on local elections. It is unfortunate that I do not know a lot of information about Gregoire. I have heard more about Dino Rossi because of where I live. However, I wouldn’t vote for him in a million years. The issues that are most important to me are Pro-Choice and health care. Both Rossi and McCain refute both views and prefer to promote Pro-Life and the over-the-counter distribution of Plan B.

It is important for people to know, especially students here at WSU about what each candidate stands for. The presidential election is important but the local elections affect us just as much if not more.

No comments: